BRIGHT LIGHTS, FUN CITY-BENTONVILLE CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON Activities planned from mid-November through JanuaryNov 24, 2015 in General, Tourism
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Blair Cromwell, VP Communications
BRIGHT LIGHTS, FUN CITY-BENTONVILLE CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Activities planned from mid-November through January
BENTONVILLE, Ark.-(Nov. 16, 2015)… On Saturday, Nov 21, the annual Lighting of the Square kicks off at 4p.m. in downtown Bentonville with live music and hot chocolate followed by the square lighting and the opening of the Lawrence Plaza ice rink. At 6 p.m. Mayor Bob McCaslin will flip the colossal, ceremonial light switch that ignites thousands of twinkling bulbs signifying the beginning of the holiday season in Bentonville.
From November through mid-January, Bentonville is filled with seasonal activities including ice skating, outdoor movies, a Christmas parade, winter market, and outdoor hockey games. The city also coordinates letters to Santa by supplying a mailbox at Lawrence Plaza Ice Rink. Letters received by Dec. 17, will receive a reply from Santa.
When asked what makes Bentonville so special during the holidays, Kalene Griffith, president of Visit Bentonville, states, “Bentonville is such a magical place during the holidays. The downtown square sparkles with dancing lights as skaters float across the ice at Lawrence Plaza. It’s a place for making memories with friends and family.”
Below is a schedule of holiday activities in the city of Bentonville.
· Saturday, Nov. 21, 11a.m. – 5 p.m. Winter Market at Meteor Guitar Gallery
· Saturday, Nov. 21, 4 - 6 p.m. Lighting of the Square
· Saturday, Nov. 21, 12 p.m. Lawrence Plaza Rink opens
· Saturday, Nov. 21, 8 p.m. Arkansas Figure Skating exhibition
· Saturday, Nov. 28, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Small Business Saturday
· Friday, Dec. 4, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. Visit Santa at the Walmart Museum
· Saturday, Dec. 12, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Bentonville Christmas Parade
· Saturday, Dec. 12, 6 p.m. Frosty’s Flicks at Lawrence Plaza - “The Grinch”
· Thursday, Dec. 17, 5 p.m. Last day to mail letters to Santa at Lawrence Plaza
· Saturday, Dec. 19, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Visit Santa at the Walmart Museum
· Saturday, Dec. 19, 6 p.m. Frosty’s Flicks at Lawrence Plaza - “The Santa Clause”
· Wednesday, Dec. 23, 5 p.m. -8 p.m. Visit Santa at the Walmart Museum
· Saturday, Dec. 26, 6 p.m. Frosty’s Flicks at Lawrence Plaza - “Frozen”
· Thursday, Dec. 31, 11 a.m. -3 p.m. Noon Year’s Eve Family Celebration at Crystal Bridges
· Thursday, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. - 1 p.m. NEW 365 – New Year’s Eve Party at Crystal Bridges
For detailed information go to downtownbentonville.org/#!winter-wonderland/n8jrh, bentonvillear.com/departments/parks-and-recreation/facilities/lawrence-plaza/, and visitbentonville.com.
About Visit Bentonville
Established in 1996, Visit Bentonville welcomes tourists in ever increasing numbers to the northwest corner of Arkansas. Visit Bentonville is governed by the Advertising and Promotion Commission and is funded by a nominal tax on lodging, dining, and meeting facilities. The organization’s mission is to promote Bentonville and its environs as a tourism destination. For more information, go to visitbentonville.com.
Filter by Category[ all | featured | general | press releases | tourism ]
IMBA Selects Bentonville to Host 2016 World Summit
Oct 10, 2015 in Featured, Press Releases, Tourism
Bentonville Named Top 10 Best Cities for Families 2015
May 4, 2015 in Featured, General, Tourism